Reason #10085 why we are glad Mindy has converted to Gonzo-ism....SHE POSTS ON THE FAMILY BLOG!!!! (and her own, which i really appreciate cuz it helps me feel mildly connected to the gonzo homebase)
On Juno: Very much loved the movie. Now, YES, i recognize that the basic premise of teen pregnancy is one that should probably not be lauded...along with single parenthood and the plethora of other societal norms this film presents as positive or at least acceptable.... That being said, the strength of the movie, entertainment-wise, is the interesting introduction of a female teen anti-hero...not something Hollywood hasn't really done. If nothing else, Juno is likable (even heroic in a literary sense) because she makes some really tough choices and sticks by them....and the soundtrack is pretty groovy!
From the East: After 9 days of an ever-evolving but not really improving respiratory illness, I finally am feeling significantly better (still coughing, still drugged up, but functioning at a relatively high level). It has made for a pretty significant lack of socializing this weekend in exchange for 12-14 hr sleep nights....good times!
Outer Banks (Beach Trip!) is in full planning swing!!!! In less than a month, I'll be lounging on the beach and working on my pre-mexico, summer tan! Whoo-Hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
David & I liked the movie as well, though I don't think I could have expressed it so eloquently as you did, and I'm pretty sure the word "anti-hero" hasn't been thought in my brain for years, but that's exactly what she was. ;o) And to me, the movie didn't seem to applaud teen pregnancy--I thought it was pretty realistic in making it seem like a rough thing. Difference between, "The heroine/main character is pregnant, therefore being a pregnant teen is cool," and "The heroine is pregnant, geez, that's rough." Speaking of pregnancy related flicks, have you seen Waitress? If not, do so immediately.
I'm sorry about the illness. That sounds miserable. I hope your white blood cells get a handle on it all soon and you can be fully functional without the assistance of drugs very soon.
Ahhh the beach. I'll just go over here and pout. :::pout::: Okay, I'm done. Have much fun.
Post a Comment